Head of Finance (full-time or part-time role, with immediate effect)
The Dutch Founders Fund is a young, Amsterdam-based venture capital fund that primarily invests in marketplaces and companies with strong network effects.
We see tech as the most important enabler to solving society’s biggest challenges. With global inefficiencies and resources becoming more scarce, the marketplace model is the perfect tool to redistribute means and create more transparency and simplicity in the value chain. Our mission is to use our network, capital and expertise to partner with founders who create long-lasting value and sustainable companies.
Our fund is founded by people who have started, scaled and sold companies themselves (WeTransfer, fonQ, Just Eat, Treatwell). Our team knows the growth pains of early-stage companies like no other. We look beyond spreadsheets and know what questions to ask.
We are a pre-seed fund and first-cheque investors. This means that we highly value people skills and the ability to quickly grasp the bigger picture. We never judge on the present but on the potential.
Since our establishment in 2019, we have made 20 investments in high-flying startups, and we’re just getting started. To support us with our growth, we are looking for someone who can take the lead in running everything that concerns our back-office, from financial reporting to fund administration.
Sounds like something you like? Great, more info below!
What you’ll do:
- Work side-to-side with one of the partners (CFO) to monitor the financial performance of our fund and to ensure clear investor reporting;
- Being the go-to for fund-related questions from our investors, as well as managing the back-end of our investor portal;
- Supporting our portfolio companies on all-things finance, whether it’s about financial modelling or investor reporting;
- Administering all of our fund and portfolio company documents;
- Working closely together with our financial services provider (who takes care of our bookkeeping, payrolling and tax filing) and external auditor;
- Partake in the broader responsibility of leading and championing our fund in any way possible;
- Beat the analysts at a game of pingpong.
Who you are:
- A university degree, ideally in economics, finance or accounting;
- A minimum of 4 years of working experience in a financial role (accountancy, controlling, transaction services or financial advisory);
- Flawless command of the English and Dutch language;
- You know your way around databases and have a proven proficiency in Excel;
- You like to work in a small and entrepreneurial company where you can shape your own role;
- You like to work independently and are not afraid to ask questions that challenge the status quo;
- You have a getting-things-done attitude;
- Bonus points if you feel comfortable around working with legal documents;
- You like to explore the world of startups, tech and VC;
- You’re passionate about helping others, i.e. helping startups with their growth;
- You enjoy advising startups on their financial challenges.
- We offer both a full-time and part-time contract (24 - 32 (flexible) working hours per week) depending on your preference;
- Opportunity to work remote every now and then, depending on your contract;
- Work with many different startups, every week is different;
- You choose your own benefits based on a budget – powered by YourCampus;
- Participation in our pension scheme;
- Flat, non-hierarchical organisation;
- An international network of VCs and startups;
- Dinners, borrels, getaways. Have we mentioned our Christmas lunch or ski-trip?
We strongly encourage women, BIPOC, the LGBTQIA+ community, people with disabilities and other underrepresented groups to apply. The Dutch Founders Fund welcomes everyone.
Please, note that you’ll need to be based in or near Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands. We are more than happy to help with relocation.
Interested? Let’s meet. Please send your CV, short intro email and any other information you deem relevant to firstname.lastname@example.org.