Investment Manager (full-time, with immediate effect)
The Dutch Founders Fund is a young, Amsterdam-based venture capital fund that primarily invests in marketplaces and companies with strong network effects.
Our fund is founded by people who have started, scaled and sold companies themselves (WeTransfer, fonQ, Just Eat, Treatwell). Our team knows the growth pains of early-stage companies like no other. We look beyond spreadsheets and know what questions to ask. We are a pre-seed fund and first-cheque investors. This means that we highly value people skills and the ability to quickly grasp the bigger picture. We never judge on the present, but on the potential.
Since our establishment in 2019, we have made 20 investments in high-flying startups, and we’re just getting started. That is why we are looking for an Investment Manager (4 years+ of relevant working experience) who can carry the workload with us and actively drive every step of the investment process, from deal sourcing to due diligence and portfolio management.
Sounds like something you like? Great, more info below!
- You will be a key player in our investment process. You will be given full responsibility to find and close a deal from A to Z, meaning that you know your way around a shareholders agreement and legal clauses;
- You feel comfortable setting up and leading meetings with new investment opportunities, as well as with our current portfolio companies and investors;
- Whether it’s for Stockholm or Berlin: you get excited about finding the best founders all over Europe to secure the most competitive deals;
- You’ll manage and oversee our team of analysts and take part in the responsibility of ensuring leadership for our entire team;
- You’ll work side-to-side with the founders of our portfolio companies to support them in their scaling ambitions.
What we need from you:
- A university degree, preferably in the field of economics/finance/business; However, we do encourage you to apply if you have obtained a different degree, we value a genuine interest in startups and VC above anything;
- A minimum of 4 years of working experience in VC/PE and/or start/scale-up;
- You have experience with deal processes and are familiar with complex legal clauses. You like to negotiate;
- You have prior experience in an environment where you needed to 1) consume a large amount of information 2) quickly grasp complex and frequently changing concepts 3) distinguish key points from noise and 4) come back with clear and structured solutions;
- You are a team player: we need someone who catches whatever falls off our plates. On other days, we’ll do the same for you – we all work together to move our fund forward, regardless of what your job entails on paper;
- You are a natural networker and like to build relationships with other VCs, Angels and founders. You can communicate with stakeholders on all levels and know how to stay cool under pressure;
- You’re proficient in the English language, and like to teach us some words in your native language if you’re not Dutch/English;
- Opportunity to scan through thousands of business propositions and meet entrepreneurs whose idea will become the next big thing;
- Choose your own path: at the Dutch Founders Fund, we are all about knowledge sharing. We make sure that you get the very best mentoring in all the things you want to become an expert in;
- Flat, non-hierarchical organization;
- Opportunity to work remote every now and then.
- We don’t really like suits – wear whatever you want;
- Become part of our larger network of international founders, VCs and Angels;
- Pick your own benefits based on a budget – powered by YourCampus;
- The opportunity to travel all across Europe to look for new investments and join tech events;
- Team events, borrels, getaways. Have we mentioned our Christmas dinner and Ski trip?
We strongly encourage women, BIPOC, the LGBTQIA+ community, people with disabilities and other underrepresented groups to apply. The Dutch Founders Fund welcomes everyone.
Please, note that for this role you’ll need to be based in or near Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands. We are more than happy to help with relocation.
Interested? Please send your CV, a short introduction mail and any other information you deem relevant to firstname.lastname@example.org